１. Explanation of Terms and Conditions
The "Sail Yume Project Entry Rules" (hereinafter referred to as the "Rules") stipulate the matters to be observed by participants when participating in the Japanese speech contest (hereinafter referred to as the "Contest") organized by Helte Corporation (hereinafter referred to as the "Company").
2. Rules for Participation in the Contest
- A Participant is defined as a person who has registered his/her personal information (as defined in "Handling of Personal Information") and other information in the prescribed manner and has applied to participate in the Contest. A Participant shall be entitled to use the Participant Content in the Contest.
- Eligible Participants shall be those who meet the following conditions at the time of application for participation.
・A person whose native language is not Japanese.
- Participants shall voluntarily accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the "Handling of Personal Information" before applying to participate in the Contest, and if they do not accept these terms and conditions, they will not be allowed to participate in the Contest. Minor users must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian or other person with parental authority before giving their consent. Any consent from a minor user shall be deemed to be the consent of a person with parental authority.
- Participants shall apply for participation in the Contest on their own initiative and responsibility. If the Company determines that a Participant has violated any of these Terms and Conditions, the Company may disqualify the Participant from participating in the Competition without prior notice to the Participant. The Company may also cancel the award even after the award has been given.
- Participants are eligible to be judged by submitting the prescribed materials (e.g., essays in Japanese, videos of speeches, etc.) (the information registered and the content submitted are collectively referred to as the "Registered Information").
- Participants shall be responsible for the contents of their Registration Information.
- Participants shall submit the Registration Information and other information at their own risk.
- Participants shall notify the Company of any change in their e-mail address or other contact information.
3. Changes to this Contest
The Company may change or temporarily suspend the Competition without prior notice to Participants, in which case the Company shall promptly notify Participants.
4. Prohibited Acts by Participants
Participants shall not engage in any of the following acts in the Competition or any act that may be deemed to fall under such acts
- Registering duplicate or false information or information of others
- Infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights, privacy or other rights of the Company or any third party
- Any act that discriminates, criticizes, attacks, or slanders the Company or any third party.
- Interfering with the operation of the business of the Company or a third party
- Acts of violence, unreasonable demands, or similar acts toward the Company or a third party
- Acts that cause disadvantage to the Company or a third party in addition to the preceding five items
- Actions for the purpose of profit
- Political, election, religious, or similar activities
- Acts in violation of laws and regulations, criminal acts, or acts offensive to public order and morals
- Acts that are extremely degrading or offensive to dignity
- Act to participate in this contest by impersonating a third party, or to have a third party participate in this contest by impersonating oneself.
- Any other acts that the Company deems inappropriate.
- The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by the Participant or any third party in connection with this Contest, except in cases where the Company, Etc. Even in the event that the Company, etc. is liable, the extent of the Company's liability shall be limited to ordinary damages directly and actually incurred by the Participant, unless the Company, etc. is willful or grossly negligent.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damage caused by an act of God, damage caused by a system failure that occurs in spite of the precautions normally taken, or damage caused by any other cause for which the Company, etc. is not responsible.
- In the event that a Participant causes damage to a third party as a result of his/her participation in this Contest, the Participant shall be responsible for resolving such damage on his/her own responsibility, and the Company, Etc. shall not be liable for any damage unless such damage is attributable to reasons beyond its control.
- The Company shall not guarantee that Participants will or may obtain favorable results or other outcomes or effects in their career activities as a result of their participation in the Contest.
6. Use of Registration Information
- The handling of registration information shall be in accordance with the provisions set forth in "Handling of Personal Information.
Participants agree in advance to receive e-mails from the Company from time to time regarding the Competition.
- Prior to the final presentation, the Company may conduct skill improvement interviews ("Interviews") with Participants by means of web conferencing and in-person interviews. The Interviews are included in the Competition.
- The Company will record the Competition by means of video recording, photography, audio recording, etc. The recorded video, photographs, audio, etc. may be made public, and the information made public may include the participant's name, the participant's likeness, and registration information.
- Participants agree in advance that their names, contact information (e-mail addresses), portraits, and registration information will be recorded, disclosed, and used, and that they will not exercise their rights of portrait, privacy, or publicity in connection with the recording, disclosure, and use of such information by the Company in accordance with these Rules and the "Handling of Personal Information".
- You shall not exercise your right of portrait, right of privacy, right of publicity, and shall not claim any compensation for the recording, publication, and use of your personal information by us in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and "Handling of Personal Information.
7. Handling of Personal Information
Prior to participating in the Competition, each Participant shall review and agree to the terms and conditions of the "Handling of Personal Information," which will be separately stipulated.
8. Modification of Entry Terms
If the Company changes these Terms and Conditions, the Company shall indicate the details of the changes on the Contest site at least 14 days prior to the effective date of the changed Terms and Conditions, or shall notify each Participant individually. If a Participant participates in the Competition after the effective date of the amended Terms and Conditions, he/she shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended Terms and Conditions.
9. Exclusion of Anti-Social Forces
- If a Participant falls under any of the following or is found to have fallen under any of the following, the Company, Etc. may immediately suspend the Participant's participation in this Contest without separate notice
- Being a member of a crime syndicate, a member of a crime syndicate, a person for whom five years have not passed since he/she ceased to be a member of a crime syndicate, a quasi-organized member of a crime syndicate, a company affiliated with a crime syndicate, a general meeting house, a socially motivated group, a special intelligence group, or any other person equivalent thereto (hereinafter referred to as "anti-social forces"); or (iii) The Participant is or has been an Anti-Social Force.
- If a Participant commits any of the following acts, the Company, Etc. may immediately suspend the Participant's participation in this Contest without requiring separate notice.
(i) Using threatening words or deeds or violence against us, or committing any act that damages our honor or credibility.
(2) To obstruct the Company's business by using deception or force.
(iii) To make unreasonable demands of the Company beyond its legal responsibility
(iv) To induce a third party to perform any of the acts listed in the preceding three items.
(v) To allow or invite a person with parental authority, friend or acquaintance who falls under the category of antisocial forces, etc., to view the Contest at the venue.
10. Compensation for Damages
In the event that a Participant violates these Terms and Conditions and causes damages to the Company, the Participant shall be liable to compensate the Company for any and all damages incurred by the Company.
11. Severability Clause
Even if any part of these Terms and Conditions is declared invalid by law or final judgment, the other provisions shall remain in force and effect.
Handling of Personal Information
Helte Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "Helte") will manage personal information safely and appropriately in accordance with the "Personal Information Protection Policy" posted at the following URL and in compliance with the laws and regulations concerning the protection of personal information.
- Scope of Application
This "Handling of Personal Information" document sets forth the policy to be followed by the Company in handling personal information of participants in the Japanese speech contest sponsored by the Company (hereinafter referred to as "the Contest") and its related operations.
- Acquisition of Personal Information and its Collection Method
The Company will collect the following information in the Contest Participant's name, contact information (e-mail address), nationality, essays in Japanese, photographs and videos (including audio) showing the Participant. The same applies hereinafter).
- Purpose of Use
We will handle the personal information of participants within the scope of the following purposes of use.
・For identification purposes
・To issue an account for "Sail," a Japanese conversation community service provided free of charge to participants in the Contest.
・To support participants in brushing up their Japanese speeches, etc.
・To announce the results of this contest
・To provide information to participants who wish to find employment at Japanese companies
・To contact participants when the results are used for business purposes
・To provide information to participants who wish to find employment in Japanese companies.
・To recruit and solicit participants for the same or similar projects to this contest to be held in the following year or later
・To conduct questionnaires
・To provide information on events related to the Contest.
・To publicize the Contest and projects identical or similar to the Contest to be held in the following year or later.
・To keep records of the Competition
・To provide information to the media (TV, newspapers, magazines, etc.) when they cover the Contest or new projects.
- Management of Personal Information
The Company will thoroughly manage the information provided by the participants as follows. We will strive to ensure that the information provided by participants is always accurate and up-to-date.
We will take necessary and appropriate measures to ensure the security of the personal information and data we handle.
When we no longer use the personal information provided by participants, we will promptly dispose of or delete the information.
- Provision to Third Parties
We may provide personal information and personal data obtained from participants with their consent to third parties in the following cases
The personal information and personal data obtained from participants with their consent may be provided to third parties in the following cases: - When publicizing the Competition and announcing the results, the information may be disclosed to the visitors to the Company's website. The personal information that may be disclosed includes the participant's name, Japanese essay, and all or part of the photographs and videos showing the participant.
The information may be provided when responding to interviews by media organizations (TV, newspapers, magazines, etc.) related to this contest or new business. The personal information that may be provided is the participant's name, Japanese-language essay, and all or part of the photograph and video clip in which the participant appears.
- Joint Use
We will share the personal information and personal data registered by participants or photographed by us with the sponsors of the Competition, respectively, in accordance with the following The personal information and data to be shared will include the participant's name, Japanese-language essay, and all or part of the photographs and videos in which the participant appears. The purposes of joint use are (1) to judge the sponsors' awards and (2) to provide job placement assistance to participants who wish to find employment.
If you have any questions regarding our handling of personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Established on October 26, 2022